WELCOME TO THE WEBSITE OF DR. SİNAN ALTINER.
Trained in the United States, Dr. Sinan Altıner is a board-certified endocrinologist, currently practicing in the city of Izmir in Turkey.
Currently, Dr. Altıner sees patients in his private practice only.
Fluent in five, and near-fluent in three languages, Dr. Altıner has directly worked with patients from many countries.
• Columbia University, New York, USA, BS, Cum Luade (2004)
• New York Medical College, Valhalla, New York, NY, USA (2009)
• Internal Medicine Residency, St. Luke's and Roosevelt Hospital Center, Mt. Sinai School of Medicine, NY, New York, USA (2012)
• Fellowship in Endocrinology and Metabolism, St. Luke's and Roosevelt Hospital Center, Mt. Sinai School of Medicine, New York, USA (2014)
• Iğdır State Hospital, Turkey: Attending physician in Endocrinology and Metabolism (2016)
• American Clinical Society of Pathology reward (2007)
• Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society (2008)
• Good Physician Award (2009)
• American Board of Internal Medicine, Board Certified in Internal Medicine, 2012-2022.
• American Board of Internal Medicine, Board Certified in Endocrinology and Metabolism, 2014-2024.
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS:
• Agrawal N. MD, Altiner S. MD, Mezitis N. MD, Helbig S. MD
Title: “Silicone-induced granuloma after injection for cosmetic purposes: A rare entity of
calcitriol-mediated hypercalcemia”, Case Report.
Published in the December 2013 Issue of Case Reports in Medicine.
• Altiner S. MD, Dodell G. MD, Abed J. MD, Blackford L. BS, Colt E. MD
Title: “Pheochromocytoma induced aggression?”, Case Report.
Published in the September-October 2011 Issue of Endocrine Practice.
• Van der Schueren B. MD, Green N. BS, Gorroochum P. MD, Teixeira J. MD,Altiner S. MD, Laferrere B.
Title: “Low Vitamin D in candidates for bariatric surgery: are the Americans better off than the French?”
Published in the July 2011 Issue of Obesity Surgery.
• Gogineni A. K. MBBS, Dudha M. H. MD, Lehrman S. MD, Yoon J. MD, Altiner S. BS, Maher N. MD, Nobles C. MD
Title: “A rare case of spindle cell sarcoma of the lung diagnosed via internal jugular approach”, Case Report.
Presented in the October 2008 meeting of the Chest.
• Banu Şarer YÜREKLİ, Taylan KABALAK, Sinan ALTINER
Title: “Subklinik Hipotiroidi Meselesi: Tedavi Edilmeli mi Edilmemeli mi?”,
Türkiye Klinikleri J Endocrin 2016;11(2):55-64.
• Serta KILINÇALP, Sinan ALTINER
Title: "Letter: should Barrett's oesophagus be considered a potential cardivascular risk factor?",
Alimentary Pharmacology & Therapeutics, 46: 7/2017, 80-81.
Tel: +90 (232) 421 66 64 Cell: 0 (533) 501 64 50
1400 Sokak No: 4 Daire: 2
Alsancak Izmir , TURKEY